I could tell you my life story, but I don’t want to, and I don’t think it would illuminate the things most important to me. Instead I asked myself, “What do I want people to know?” Here’s what I came up with….
I’m highly adaptable and see connections between things often obscure to other people. When I was younger I was a chameleon – reading the feel, texture, movement, and direction of situations and blending in. I now recognize the value of adaptability, but choose to use it consciously in service of myself and others. I no longer choose to ‘blend in’, but to meet people where they are, present myself in a way that’s relatable, and best communicate in diverse situations. I also know part of this skill includes hypersensitivity to people’s emotional states and physical expressions. I deal with that daily. Seeing connections between unrelated things and my ability to adapt offers me a perspective and approach that helps me ‘get’ people in a way that most people can’t. I value these skills, and also know they have their pitfalls!
I’m captivated by learning, mostly about humans and ‘what makes them tick’. I’m my own best research subject and I live for questioning my ideas, beliefs, and behaviours and figuring out how to feel more of what I want to feel, by shifting my approach. What fuels this is my desire for real connection with other people. My life is rooted in curiosity, courage, discovery, and learning. When I search for what drives me, I know I’m going to run into the “monsters” lurking in the dark and I continue to choose courage over fear to face them. 15 + years of evidence has shown that no matter how scary the dark corners and the lurking monsters seem, every single encounter has been far less scary than I had imagined, and has been exponentially more beneficial for me than running from the monsters ever was. I see my own progress daily and I know how much self awareness I started with – which is why it is my mission to keep digging into myself and sharing what I’ve learned as best I can with other people.
Our stories are all going to be different, our trajectories random, and our experience of life unique. However our core desires – the things we yearn for – are probably much more similar than we think. My current desires, those that I’m aware of now, include:
- To be the most true version of me, all the time, and to also be evolving, expressing new awareness as I learn, and embracing the dips, turns and twists of life;
- To be creating, inspiring insights, and offering the best of who I am in the world daily;
- To integrate all areas of life into a flowing expression of what I want to see in the world;
- To be my own highest priority, knowing that to be of real service, I must care for myself and thrive first;
- To invite people into my life to collaborate, support, connect, and share the experience as a community;
- To be in personal integrity in all areas of my inner and outer life (within myself, within the greater Universe, and within my relationships, career, and life);
- Finally, to support others in doing the same.
This insight into a bit of who I am is just a way to develop some relatability, to give a glimpse of what’s important to me, and to help you get a feel for what it might be like to actually talk with me, for real, like humans. Like you, I’m complex, a little weird and wild, and ever-changing. If you’re curious (and I hope you are), I’d love to hear more about who you are and who you are becoming, and I would be thrilled to share more about who I am too.
If you are feeling the draw, a hint of nervousness, and excitement about what might come from having a real conversation, I’m inviting you to go to my contact page and send me a note.
A few more tidbits about me:
- I regularly have inspiring dialogue with birds.
- I was ‘saved’ throughout teenagerdom by a big, spotted, escape-artist, Pippi Longstocking horse named Luke and a sweet loyal canine named Jenny.
- My greatest hobby is learning about myself, and it’s a perfectly okay hobby to have.
- I am more deeply in love with my husband than I ever have been or thought I could be – 13 years into our adventure together.
- I am the proud fur-Mom to our exceptionally beautiful, smart, wild, nuisance miniature schnauzer.
- I have an affinity for policy and legislation and am also a proud public servant.
- I grew up on a grain farm and am a Professional Agrologist, I’ll let you figure out what that means.
- I love answering and asking questions and having deep meaningful conversations.
I am an International Coach Federation Accredited Certified Coach, am EQi-2.0 Certified, and am a practicing Professional Agrologist.